Paris Now

Paris Now
La Tour Eiffel

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Paris Métros



For the infrequent traveler to Paris, I thought I'd put up a few photos of the Métro signage. I know that several years ago I was looking for the nearest Métro and couldn't find it. Yet, there it was right in front of my eyes directly across the boulevard. The problem was that I was looking for a certain type of Métro sign like the one here to the right, but as you can see there are many types of signage for the Métros.












4 comments:

  1. Funny there are so many different kinds of signs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. J'adore la typographie française! My favorite Metro signs (thanks for the photos!) are the first one and the art deco one. What a fun post. I had not paid attention to the different examples. Merci!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, there are many different ones. The art deco ones are really neat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing like the eyes of a retired person to notice all the differences; I lived in Paris almost 40 years and never paid attention to these details!
    Keep the good job Bernie, you're becoming a "vrai Parisien" :-)

    ReplyDelete